Please see the AIS Red Tawks YouTube channel for videos of the panels listed below.
The 50th from the Perspective of Alaska Native Studies: A Roundtable Discussion (pdf)
Wednesday, September 25, 2:30-4:00 pm · Ethnic Studies Building 116
- Betty Parent (Deg Xit'an), Professor Emeritus of American Indian Studies, SFSU
- Shari Huhndorf (Yup’ik), Professor, Native American Studies, UC Berkeley
- Jessica Bissett Perea (Dena’ina), Assistant Professor, Native American Studies, UC Davis
Wednesday, October 9, 2:00-3:30 pm · Seven Hills Conference Center
- Corrina Gould (Chochenyo Ohlone)
- Kanyon Sayers-Roods (Coastanoan Ohlone/Chumash)
- Gregg Castro (t'rowt'raahl Salinan/rumsien Ohlone)
- Discussant: LaNada War Jack (Bannock Nation)
Joanne Barker (Lenape), Professor and Chair of American Indian Studies, Opening Comments
Wednesday, October 9, 4:00-6:00 pm · Seven Hills Conference Center
- LaNada War Jack (Bannock Nation) Co-Organizer of the ’69 Occupation of Alcatraz
Resounding Witchi Tai To: 1969 – 2019 (link)
Wednesday, October 16, 1:00-2:00 pm · Knuth Hall Creative Arts Building
- Musical performance commemorating the 50th Anniversary of Jim Pepper’s Witchi Tai To
Tuesday, October 22, 2:00-4:00 pm · Ethnic Studies Building EP 116
- April McGill (Yuki, Wappo, Little Lake Pomo, Wailaki)
- Michelle Maas (Bad River Ojibwe)
- Jackie Fawn (Yurok, Washoe, Filipina)
Tuesday, November 12, 1:00-3:00 pm · Ethnic Studies Building 116
- Theresa Rocha Beardall (SFSU AIS/LNTS 2005 Alum), Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech
- Frank Edwards, Assistant Professor, Rutgers University
Wednesday, November 13, 1:00-2:00 pm · Knuth Hall Creative Arts Building
- Musical performance commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Occupation of Alcatraz Island
Wednesday, November 13, 2:00-5:00 pm · Ethnic Studies Building 116
- Ella Henry (Maori), Aukland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Ponipate Rokolekutu, Assistant Professor, Race and Resistance Studies
- Joanne Barker (Lenape), Professor and Chair, American Indian Studies
RSVP not required, but requested, to email@example.com.
For more information, call Gabriela Segovia-McGahan, (415) 405-3928, or Joanne Barker, Professor and Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus address: San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132.