SAVE THE DATE!
AIS RITE OF PASSAGE CEREMONY:
(MAY 23, 2018, 4:00-6:00p.m. in EP 116)
Important Dates for Spring 2018
Students can submit the form to declare the major or minor between Februay 1 - April 1, 2018.
· January 22: First Day of Instruction
· February 9: Last Day to Add/Last Day to Drop
· February 16: Last Day to Submit Graduation Application for
· March 16: Last Day for Credit/ No Credit Grading Option
· May 15: Last Day of Instruction
· May 17-23: Final Exams
· May 23: American Indian Studies Rite of Passage Ceremony, 4:00-6:00p.m., EP 116.
· May 24: Commencement AT&T Park
* Please complete your graduation application and begin the process of advising and obtaining signatures at least ONE month prior to the deadline.
* Please use the following to search for American Indian Studies classes for the current semester: https://webapps.sfsu.edu/public/classservices/classsearch
More dates and deadlines can be found in the Academic Calendar at the following link: https://webapps.sfsu.edu/public/webcalendar/acad/cal/today/week/20177
20 Best Deal for Colleges on Native American Studies
#2 - San Francisco State University
San Francisco, California
"B.A. Created in American Indian Studies"
by Katrina Van Loan, Staff Writer
AIS Major Approved
The proposal was approved unanimously by the Academic Senate in December 2006 and has been approved by the CSU Board of Trustees as part of SFSU's Master Plan in March 2007. It is now being edited in preparation for a review by CPEC.
To see a copy of the proposal, click here.
Honoring The Past
Richard Oakes (Mohawk)-AIS
Founder and Indian Activist
-About the Richard Oakes Memorial Center at SFSU
-History of American Indians in California
-Alcatraz Is Not An Island
-The American Indian Occupation of Alcatraz Island, 1969-1971- Photo Collection
Wilma Mankiller (Cherokee) - SFSU Alumnus
Mankiller: A Chief and Her People
By Michael Wallis and Wilma Mankiller
(Griffin Trade Paperback, 1999)
Deron Marquez (San Manuel Band of Mission Indians)- Tribal Chairman and SFSU Alumnus
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians